Updated 6/21: Reopening Phases For COVID-19
Phase 1: Limited Volunteers on Site
- Will allow volunteers to sign up for time-slot commitments.
- Maximum of 3 volunteers per day.
- Must sign up with the office using Sign-up Genius, email or by phone.
- No walk-in Volunteers.
- If you have been on a plane, you cannot come on site for at least 7 days.
Phase 2: Limited Lessons to Less Vulnerable / More Able-Bodied Students
- All items in Phase 1 remain.
- Maximum of 5 volunteers per day.
- Only 1 lesson in progress at a time.
- Maximum of 3 lessons per day.
- 1 lesson per horse. (If having 2 lessons, then 2 horses must be used.)
- We will take students who:
- are able to wear a mask during the whole lesson
- are not immunocompromised
- need less physical assistance
- can ride without a spotter
- Lessons will be scheduled on the hour so that there is enough time to clean and sanitize in between lessons.
- Leader and Instructor must wash their hands before and after the lesson.
- Rider needs to wash their hands before and after the lesson.
- Handles on surcingles must be wiped down with bleach solution.
- Covers on pads must be removed and laundered between use.
Phase 3: Limited Lessons to Larger Amount of Less Vulnerable / More Able-Bodied Students
- Same as phase 1 and 2 with the following exceptions:
- Each horse can be used for more than one student as long as the tack is changed, and they are not scheduled back-to-back. (ex: If used at 9:00am, cannot use for the 10:00am lesson.)
- Maximum of 6 volunteers per day.
- Maximum of 6 lessons per day.
Phase 4: Limited Lessons with More Students
- Same as phase 3 with the following exceptions:
- Maximum of 8 volunteers per day.
- Maximum of 7 lessons per day.
- Will allow students who need a little more physical assistance and a spotter IF a parent or someone who lives in their household is willing to act as the spotter.
Phase 5: Limited Lessons with More Students
- Maximum of 12 volunteers per day (in 2 shifts)
- Up to 2 lessons going on per half hour. Will keep half hour in between lessons to clean and sanitize.
- Can use the same horse for more than 1 lesson per day but must wipe down the tack in between. Covers will be laundered after daily use.
- Maximum lessons per day depends on what time and horses can accommodate.
- Will be returning to our Mobile Program at Sullivan Canyon.
Phase 6: Allowing More Students to Return
- Same as phase 5 with the following exceptions:
- Walk-in volunteers may be allowed if we have not reached the maximum amount.
- Will allow students who cannot wear a mask IF they have been completely vaccinated. (Must have proof that it has been a minimum of 2 weeks since their second shot.) All students who can wear a mask must still do so. Instructors and leaders must wear masks.
Phase 7: Allowing Volunteer Spotters for Students to Return
- Same as phase 6 with the following exceptions:
- Maximum of 16 volunteers per day (in 2 shifts)
- If a student has been completely vaccinated, they have the choice if they wish to wear a mask during the lesson. All staff and volunteers will still have to wear a mask during the lesson.
- Will allow volunteers to act as spotters in lessons.
- Will no longer require half hour in between lessons to clean and sanitize.