AHEAD With Horses can accept donations of any type. Below are several options. We appreciate any type of support we can get! All donations are tax deductable (Tax ID# 95-3165603).
Mail your donation:
AHEAD With Horses
10157 Johanna Ave
Shadow Hills, CA 91040
DONATE ONLINE BY PAYPAL HERE:
You can make a donation in honor of someone special; whether it be a gift in their honor or in memory of someone who has passed away.
If you work for the government, you can support us by signing up for the Combined Federal Campaign. AWH is #77886.
Donate Your Spare Change
You can now donate your digital spare change to support AHEAD with Horses! Register with Bstow, and each time you make a purchase, your total will be rounded up to the nearest dollar and the difference will be given to AHEAD with Horses — without lifting a finger!
It takes just two minutes:
Click this link for Bstow.
Sign up for Bstow.
Link up your accounts.
Set a monthly limit or let it roll and watch your spare change add up!
Possible Large Projects
If you are a Boy Scout or Girl Scout looking to complete an Eagle Scout Project or a Bronze, Silver or Gold Award, these are great options! They are also great ideas for church groups, school clubs, or other groups who are looking to help out in a meaningful way.
• Fix current fence around Lakeview Terrace property
• Need 2 new gates for driveways
• Put in a sprinkler system and possibly drip system for the plants and for fire safety at end of property
• Know someone who welds and can help us dismantle and put back together our cross ties and our large shade awning
• Electrician to help us put electricity in the office
• Make cement foundations under storage units, sheds and office
• Know of anyone that can move a 20 foot or 40 foot storage container
• Help transplant trees and plants from old property
• Help move railroad ties to create boundary of parking lot
• Help pack and move everything from old facility to new facility
• Acquire and plant new trees on the property (prefer fruitless mulberry, Tristania conferta, crepe myrtle, cottonwood, sycamore, camellia and other native, drought resistant ones that are hard to kill and safe around horses)
• Make new Boards to go on Pipe Corral stalls that will have horses name and any notes needed and can hold a halter and fly mask.
• Buy or build large signs to mark “enter” and “exit” at new property, also need a new large sign with our name
• Helmet rack/storage (should be waterproof)
• New office Trailer
• New storage shed(s)
• Sand, repair and reseal poles for “ring & pole” game
• Utility cart or gator
• Create better storage for all of our rakes, shovels and other tools (and possibly purchase new ones)
• Landscaping at new property (will have multiple areas including by parking lot, around the arena, near the office, possibly near horse stalls)
• Help stabilize the hill and the path up it at new property
• Solar panels for electricity in the office
• Lights for arena (must be solar powered)
• Raised garden(s)
• Mural for back and/or side of the tack room or for back of storage unit; possibly one being a “Memorial Wall”
• New shade awnings for Fun Day (pop up tents at least 8’ x 8’ or larger)
• Psyllium for horses
• Fly sticks and fly spray
• Make a bulletin board
• Privacy slats for chain link fence
• Sand and repaint the current bulletin board
• Sand and repaint Game Board and directional sign
• Create new directional sign
• Purchase new benches to go along side of the arena
• Create new Game Booths for Fun Day; i.e. Disc drop game or spin the wheel game
• Make or buy shelves for office space to store memorabilia and display things
• Make new sandwich Board signs pointing to our location for Fun Day and other big events
• Weed whacker (must be gas powered, not using a power cord)
• Shovels and rakes for leaves
• Lids for trash cans and additional trash cans, both regular and blue for recycling.
• Make photo Op Props (mural boards that have cut outs to put your head in, maybe a cowboy or cowgirl or sheriff or horse or cat or jack-o-lantern for Fun Day or Halloween, etc.)
• Basketball hoop to go at the edge of the lesson arena with long net to collect balls
• Make or buy Emergency IDs for horses
• Purchase new folding tables for Fun Day and other fundraising events
• Create mounting ramp at new property
• Create a space for our practice barrel
• Create a covered space to park golf cart
• Sand and re-seal benches (yearly, normally done with Big Sunday)
• Open to additional ideas and projects
AWH’s Wish List (anything helps!)
Continuously Needed Items:
Carrots, Apples and other horse treats
Water bottles (for people to drink)
Fly spray and fly traps
Psyllium Fiber Supplement for horses
Jolly Balls (Horse toy found at tack stores)
Plants (including: grass seed, flowers, ground cover, succulents, fertilizer, apple trees, fruitless mulberry trees, crepe myrtle, camelia, sycamore trees, carrot seeds, preference for native CA plants and drought tolerant, etc.)
Trash can lids and trash cans (both regular and blue for recycling)
Mulch or stones for landscaping
Clean sand for horse stalls
Volunteers to help in the office with labels, filing, mailings, find and write grants, etc.
Pop-up shade awnings: 8’ x 8’, 10’ x 10’, 10’ x 20’, 12’ x 24’, or larger
Shovels and rakes for leaves
2 gates for new property
Solar powered lights for the arena
Weed whacker (gas powered- no cord)
Basketball hoop with extended and closed net
Large Storage shed(s) (heavy duty plastic, treated wood or treated metal)
Paint, supplies and artist to create murals on property
Shelves to put in office
Emergency contact IDs for horses
Electrician to put electricity to the office at the new location
Helmet rack / container to store them
Folding tables (6 or 8 foot at least)
Large sign for new property
Large signs that say Enter and Exit to go in the parking lot of the new property
sprinklers for new property
gator or utility cart
wheelbarrow and/or muck cart
new office trailer
Download Sponsor Flyer in PDF format: Click Here
AHEAD With Horses, 10157 Johanna Ave, Shadow Hills, CA 91040. CLICK FOR MAP